Wrapped in privacy and quietly positioned above West Mercer Way, this architecturally designed, custom built home overlooks the expanse of Lake Washington and gently backs onto a lush greenbelt.
Sided in dark cedar shingles offset by Pennsylvania bluestone on the foundation and walkways, this home is imbued with a sophisticated presence reminiscent of an east coast summer estate. Thoughtfully and carefully designed to take advantage of multi-directional light, this home was built with universal aging-in-place features easily adaptable to all means of living. Exquisite detail and finish work can be found in all spaces. The main entrance to the home is accessible by an upper driveway as well as a bluestone stairwell that gives way to a paved landing. Through the formal entry, a cushioned window seat welcomes guests upon arrival and down a short hall, a powder room with pedestal sink and Ann Sacks tile wainscoting complement the neutral, soothing palette found throughout the home.
A generous kitchen with stunning views and a thoughtful 2-person work station design feature sleek, limestone counters and custom cabinetry with soft close doors. Large walk-in pantry and high-end appliances including farmhouse sinks and dishwashers make this a highly functioning and sophisticated kitchen for all culinary pursuits. A 4-person eating counter is primed for informal daily use or as a food station for more formal gatherings. Off the kitchen, a set of French doors lead to a clear cedar deck ideal for casual outdoor dining experiences.
The second floor was designed for relaxation. Two generous size rooms off the master share a full bathroom with Hans Grohe bath figures, Ann Sacks over-sized subway tile and natural limestone counter in creamy, rich tones. One of the rooms can be utilized as en suite guest quarters with clever pocket doors dividing the space. Both rooms have warm natural light and views of the water.
The master suite mirrors the main floor with sweeping views and western light through oversized casement windows with traditional transom detailing. A separate reading room off the master with French doors and terrace can be utilized for a variety of purposes. Behind pocket doors, separation is created from the principal bedroom and features an elegant dressing room adorned with original vintage stained glass detail over a full wall of built-in cabinetry that connects to a customized walk in closet. Ann Sacks marble slab vanity and tub top surround, heated floors and steam shower with Hans Grohe fixtures, create a luxurious and spa-like atmosphere.
The exterior grounds showcase multiple areas for gathering as well as moments of repose. Gardens feature a variety of fruit and flowering trees and herbs. A row of David Austin heirloom rose bushes border the bluestone patio and are one of several varieties of flowers featured on the property. A gravel path leading to a lower level grassy yard bordered by trees and rose bushes is an ideal afternoon escape.
- Universal aging-in-place design features:
- Elevator from garage to all floors
- Wider entry ways and hallways
- Low or no-thresholds
- 5’ turn radiuses
- Lake Washington views from primary main floor rooms and all bedrooms
- Two zone furnace/air conditioner on main floor
- Additional furnace/air conditioner for second level
- Custom built-in cabinetry featured in the living room, window seats, master suite and dressing room
- 4-inch oak flooring throughout main level
- Casement windows
- Whole house Generac gas generator
- Hard wired home security and fire system
- Indoor/outdoor sound system
- Home air circulating system
- Custom stair railings (indoor/outdoor)
- Baldwin locking system
- Luxury appliances
- Wolf double oven range 6 burner with grill top
- SubZero refrigerator
- Asko dishwashers
- Custom cabinetry with soft close drawers
- Farmhouse sinks (one double, one single) with Insinkerator disposals
- Coffee bar nook
- Built-in Sharp Carousel microwave
- Ann Sacks bathroom tile and marble
- Toto toilets
- Hans Grohe shower fixtures
- Heated bathroom floors
- No threshold showers
- Multi-zoned irrigation and outdoor lighting system
- Utility room and multiple storage rooms
- Heated covered deck off dining room
- Clear cedar deck system and bluestone patio and landing
- Discreet outdoor gated garbage and recycle bay
- Utility shed with metal shelving
- 50 year presidential composite shingle roofing
- Herb, fruit, rose and flower gardens
- Katsura tree lined driveway
- Landscaping by Anne James Landscape Architecture LLC